Monday 31 August 2015

One pound lipsticks to buy or to buy?

Firstly, here's my I'm sorry I abandoned you bit. I've been away for a week because well I've started YouTube http://youtu.be/qnHiid9yCr8 please come and say hi. I've been really focusing on that and forgotten about you and for that I'm truly sorry please forgive me. But let's start back with make up Monday. I, like most girls love a bargain once you've found a good one it's the greatest thing since sliced bread. ( I've never understood that saying but it's apt right now.) So I've been checking out some very budget lipsticks a pound each to be exact. I've done a bit of a superdrug splurge and bought 4 one pound lipsticks amoungest everything else I got. 
These are the shades I've picked up we have two from MUA and two from Make up Revolution. The top two are Make up Revolution and the bottom two are MUA.
  
What can I say about them? The lilac MUA one is matte and has really good staying power on the lips and doesn't feel dry result! I've been after a lilac lipstick for the longest time but one that doesn't make me look like a corpse because we all know I'm Caspers the friendly ghosts cousin trust me I'm that pale. This does the trick and does it well and for a pound well you can't go wrong. 
Downsides to this product number one-it takes a lot of layering to get the colour payoff, number two- the lipstick is starting to bend in the packaging because of how hard it is to get on and number three-I really dislike the packaging it looks cheap. But at a pound what can I expect? 
So would I repurchase this? Yes yes I would. 
My other MUA lipstick is in the Shade 11. This lipstick is the perfect autumnal colour for a pale girl. It's a deep brown but with red tones and it's so pretty on the lips it looks dark but not stupidly dark. It's so wearable I feel like screaming "where have you been all my life?!" This is super long wearing,a stunning shade, feels really moisturising on the lips and for a pound I will be getting many many more of this little beauty. Downsides for this are for a while you can feel it on your lips but once you're past that then you'll be super happy with this beauty even the packaging is more chic on the non matte lipsticks. 
Will I repurchase this? You can bet your bottom dollar I will. 

Now to the Make up Revolution lipsticks you all know my love for this brand I'd sing it from the rooftops if I could.
There lipsticks are no different the top one is called mystify which is a beautiful corally red shade with a shimmer it's stunning on and looks a lot more expensive than it is, as does shade 11. The packaging on the Make up revolution lipsticks is super sleek it's black with Rose gold lettering and it's just insert heart eyes emoji here. I have a love for Rose gold I don't know if you guys know.
This shade is a real winner in my eyes and I'd repurchase again for sure. Now as for cheer it's a pretty pastel pink with a silvery blue shimmer. Looks wise for me this shade is a winner I love a pink lip it's just so girly and sweet. Although this one has a few downsides it takes a lot to get a colour payoff and  the glitter feels slightly drying but it's nothing that can't be sorted my lipbalm though. So although it's not as stunning as mystify I'd buy it again. 
So my bargain hunting was a success everything I got was cheap as chips (I hope you get what I did there). I'll definitely be trying more from both of these brands lipstick wise because they're pretty great. 
Lots of love
Collars and Frills 
Xxxxxxxx

No comments:

Post a Comment