Friday 29 May 2015

Homeware happiness 💙

Bit of a different one over here at collars and frills but I've been going through a huge homeware binge. So I thought I'd show you what I've been buying and how happy they've made me. I'm a sucker for all things cute or quirky when it comes to my homeware so these items I couldn't resist. I've also done a really awful DIY job you'll see when you get to it but here we go. 
So it's no secret I'm a huge lover of lush bath products in fact I can't have a bath without one and let's face it the products are so cute. So I thought they needed to on show in my room so I bought a cake stand. Yes a cake stand Leanne have you gone mad nope I'm just trying to be arty. The cake stand I bought was a create your own one from my local vintage fair. 
The top is a little teacup how cute. I love it so much. Although when I bought it I didn't think about what would fit inside it but hey it's cute. It only cost me £10 too, it was such a bargain. 

Next up, I've got a bit crazy for drinking cups. Story behind these so I bought a mason jar glass, which I have wanted for the longest time. Because they're adorable and I went on a day trip with my boyfriend and saw a mint green one and just had to buy it. It was £3 so I really didn't mind paying for it. However I think into b&m and they were on sale for 69p the exact same cup. Safe to day I wasn't a happy bunny but I now own four anyway. Every cloud though, every cloud. 
On the theme of glasses when I was on my hunt for mason jars I bought some plastic milk bottle cups from Home Bargains these were only 99p each and will be super cute in summer. They come in ice cream pastel shades. I picked up the a mint green and a lilac one but may go back for the other two colours. 
Whilst in B&M buying my mason jars I picked up a cookie jar with closing lid in China blue the jar also has a sweet glass heart feature. I'm currently using it in my room to store cotton wool pads because I really don't like the plastic packaging they usually come in,I find it awkward to open and awkward to get the cotton wool out of.
These were £1.99 each or 3 for £5 I would of bought 3 if they were available but unfortunately this was the last available in my local store.

In the theme of using things not for there purpose. I use teacups and saucers to store my make up brushes on my desk they look really quirky and keep them all together so sweet. This teacup with the saucer was from a vintage store for £3.50. 

Lastly here is my really bad DIY. Okay so for my DIY I asked my nan to save any empty jars she has. I love jars for storing everything and anything I even use one for cotton buds. With the jars I save and display I tie some burgundy ribbon around the rim and then they look sweet and even more quirky. My bad DIY envolves one of my nans jars and a pack of fairy lights. 
This is what it looks like off. 
This is when it's on I realise this really isn't amazing DIY but I think they make such cute little lamps and they're so cheap and simple. 

Give me any of your cute home inspo. 
Lots of love 
Collars and Frills 
Xxxxxxxx
 

No comments:

Post a Comment