Monday 18 May 2015

Make up Monday: Concealer Don't Feel.

So I've officially finished university, where's the time gone. Sorry that everything has been a bit here there and everywhere over here just recently but now normal schedule shall be resumed which means welcome back make up Monday. Yay! 
Today I'm going to talk about my favourite concealers and why. As you can probably tell from the name had to throw a bit of my Disney love it somewhere.
So I'm pretty sure I've said before I don't wear foundation. So I love and need a good coverage concealer to banish those dark circles and blemishes. I've tried a lot of different concealers in my make up wearing time but I've now got three that are my serious go tos. You'll probably be shocked to find out it's not the collection lasting perfection. I do have this concealer but it doesn't do much for me at all I find it almost too cakey I don't know if this is just me, please tell me its not. I also find the packaging goes really flakey and that really annoys me if I'm honest. I'm ridiculously pale I look like I could be Caspar the friendly ghosts cousin in all seriousness so I do struggle to find colour matches however I have and I could not be happier. 

Number one is the Rimmel Wake Me Up Concealer. This little beauty is not only cheap it's perfect for covering my dark circles. It's a very dewy look which I love as it makes me look refreshed and awake which is perfect for long days when I'm super tired and just recently I have been due to late night uni work and deadlines. This concealer has almost become my best friend through these times it's a medium coverage id say. So if you're looking for super coverage this probably Isn't for you but it works for me and I love it a lot. I wear the lightest shade in Ivory.
Number 2: if you're looking for a super strong coverage concealer look now further than this next little beauty. I picked this up on a whim when boots were doing two for £8 on Seventeen products I saw it and thought I'd give it a try. I've wanted to try Benefits Erase Paste and Boing concealer for a long time but I had never tried a concealer without a doe foot applicatier so I got number seventeen Phwoarr Paint to give it a whirl . This concealer is so durable it's seriously long lasting and incredible. I can not sing this products praises anymore it's safe to say I'll be saving my money and buying this little beauty instead of splashing out on Benefit products. The packaging has a mirror so perfect for the girl on the go, or the girl whose running late and needs to her make up on the bus. I wear the colour Fair which matches my skin tone really well you don't need a brush to blend it, it even works well as a eyeshadow base. A little goes a very long way with this one. Just give it a try it's incredible. 
Lastly number 3: is a concealer that's had a lot of hype behind it. I really love to get other peoples opinions on products as being a student I hate spending money on stuff I don't like make up wise. So other bloggers opinions are always valued. It's the Maybelline Eraser Eye. I saw this on a YouTube video and was instantly intrigued by this product. If you don't know the product has a sponge on the end. Yes you read right a sponge the product is dispensed through a sponge at first I must of wasted an awful lot of product getting used to this way of applying product. However now that I'm used to it I love it. It's so easy to apply just one quick swipe under each each  gives you just enough product and it blends super quickly. It says it's an anti ageing product granted I'm only 21 so don't need this side of the product just yet but it's one everyone should try it's such a strong coverage. I wear the colour light which again blends with my skin tone really well. It can be slightly messy as you can probably see below on my photo.
Please tell me if there is any other concealers I should give a go I'm always looking for new products to try. 
Lots of love 
Collars and Frills 
Xxxxxxx


No comments:

Post a Comment