Saturday 9 May 2015

Facts from a commuting university student.

Okay so here it goes, exactly a week from today will be my last ever day at university. I can safely say the past three years have been some of the best I've ever had. I'm not going to lie and say there hasn't been bad days, weeks or months because there has and I guess there always will be because that's life. Three years ago I made the choice to commute to university as if I'm honest and this still stands now I had to much to leave behind. But we won't go into a the details of that. I chose to stay at home and go to a university which is a 15 minute drive from my house. Now here's the a thing about me that most people will find odd, I don't drink or go 'up town' It's just not me I prefer watching films with my incredible boyfriend. So imagine how petrified I was on my first day thinking I was going to be the weird none drinking commuting girl, I was wrong to scared really wrong. So there's a few things I wanted to share with you guys about my amazing university experience some good points and a few bad:

1:procrastination is not the key and never the answer. I'm probably the queen of procrastination I always leave things to the last minute but you shouldn't take it from me it's never good.

2:As a drama student you'll do some crazy crazy things like currently I'm rolling around in sand for a set but hey it's all experience isn't it. 

3. You will find yourself at uni. How you like to dress and present yourself before uni I slightly dressed in my collars and frills way but nowhere near as much as I do know and I'm proud that I found myself and I'm finally starting to feel comfortable.



4.You think college is hard. Uni is harder but that's all the fun of it. Deadlines are daunting but always achieved if you believe in yourself.

And lastly number 5: You will meet some incredible people. I can honestly say I've met some of the greatest people ever at university. Being that weird commuting girl I can honestly say hand on heart I thought I wouldn't make friends. But boy oh boy was I wrong. I have made a best friends for life who I've shared some amazing memories. I won't be able to tell them this face to face because to put it bluntly I'll just cry so hopefully you're reading this. You guys have made my experience so special and everyone one of you means so much to me. ( slightly crying whilst writing this.) But truth be told I don't know how I'm going to cope knowing you're not like 5 minutes away, you seen me at my lowest and that's not just because I feel out of a binand you've seen me at my best.  I'm going to have to stop because this is breaking my heart slightly. You have truly made my experience better than I ever thought thank you to each and every one of you. 


Hope you don't mind me poping this photo on first year photos.

Lots of love 
Collars and Frills 
     Xxxxx

No comments:

Post a Comment