Monday 22 June 2015

My make up of the day 💜

I've taken a week of blogging, as I've been doing a bit of extra work and so on but normal service is too be resumed from today. I thought as its make up Monday I'd tell you about my make up I'm wearing today and some that are my make up everyday. I've nipped into town today to get a few bits and pieces nothing exciting really, so my make up wasn't anything special it was just a few key pieces. 
Let's start with concealer so a few posts ago I did my holy grail concealer post, well I've found a new concealer that has seriously changed my life. It's the Seventeen Stay Time Concealer in Extra Fair, Yes extra fair! I'm skin tone Snow White and this is the truest match to my skin I have ever found. The coverage is incredible and it lasts all day which is an added bonus. It doesn't crease it's just superb and it comes in at just over £4 so it doesn't break the bank. If you're in the market for a new concealer get this beauty. Boots I give you a huge high five for this piece of perfection. 
Sticking with face, I've started to use cream blushes as its spring/summer and I want that dewy skin look. I'd heard about NYX Boho Chic so I was like oh I'll give you a try. Ok,in honestly when I first tried it I thought this isn't for me as it had no pigmentation but I percivered with it and it's become so much more pigmented I don't know I've found a different way of applying it or it's just because I've got rid of the top layer but this product is the perfect preppy pink for making it look like you've just been out in the sun. It's the cutest pastal pink and it's become my go to blush for summer. It's about £5:49 and I had to order mine online but it's so so good.
Next we will do eyes. Quite frankly if I don't do my eye make up I look like a bush baby I have very big round blue eyes. So I love to make the most of them with my make up. So I use a nude eyeliner day to day. I flit between the Rimmel one and the Maybelliene Big eyes nude liner. But for the the Maybelliene one wins hands down the Rimmel is okay but I find sometimes it's gone with in 3 minutes I suffer from hayfever so sometimes my eyes water. But Big Eyes has amazing staying power and is super easy to apply. The only down side to the product is I don't use the black side unfortunately but maybe I'll try we shall see. 
Next liquid liner not particularly exciting but I use the Rimmel glam eyes one it does the trick for me and has done for years I like that it's a brush applicator and not one of the hard tipped applicators as sometimes they get really painful towards the end of the product. I'm hoping this isn't just me that finds this. 
Lastly for eyes, now I've made a post about my favourite mascara being Roller Lash. But last week Tesco Beauty we're giving out free Max Factor mascara so I thought oh I'll give this a try. It came yesterday so today was my first time of trying and I must say I love it. It gives amazing separation and volume. It's there false lash effect mascara. Also considering it was free it's a full sized production, amazing right?! But it's truly an amazing mascara for full fluttery lashes. 
Lastly was my lip product of the day. So as you probably know I work for Lush. Recently they've released a new Lipstick range for the Oxford Street store. I was lucky enough to able to get one of the lipsticks and the colour I have is Affectionate. Today again was my first time trying this product but oh my golly gosh this lipstick is incredible. It's staying power is above and beyond and the colour is the sweetest pink you've ever seen. On application I noticed it had an blue shimmer which added to the sweetness of the lipstick. 
Thank you for reading, let me know of any products you think I should give a try. 
Lots of love, 
Collars and Frills 
   Xxxxxxx

6 comments:

  1. I have got to try those lush lipsticks! And that blush from NYX is absolutely gorgeous!

    The Gift of Gab | http://gabofgift.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Honestly they're the loveliest lipsticks ever I'm so happy I got one, it is beautiful honestly.
      Collars and Frills
      Xxxxx

      Delete
  2. Hi Leanne! I love reading your blog so I've nominated you for the Versatile Blogger Award. Let me know if you take part!

    Charlotte x

    http://the-beauty-lane.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! I'll get on this now!
      Collars and Frills
      Xxxxx

      Delete
  3. Great post! I have really big eyes too but I've never though of using a nude eyeliner, will definitely need to try it out X

    The Fashion Road

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much, honestly it's the greatest thing I've ever done it just makes them pop!
      Collars and frills
      Xxxxx

      Delete